Monday, 11 August 2008

Mon - Lee called to say the system had been down over the weekend. I could log onto WAN1 OK, but could not log onto WAN2 (I got onto the terminal server connected to its Async port OK but it said PO=0 busy). I set load balancer to use just WAN1.

Later Graham phoned to say system down again. I could still log onto WAN1 OK, it reported the ADSL connection was OK, I rebooted it anyway as I had just had a similar problem at home where my router needed rebooting as it had a good DSL link, but was not getting to DNS.

On site I plugged direct into the WAN2 AR440S async port, it spewed out loads of:
Info (1045274): This device is locked temporarily (login-lock). (This probably indicates attempted hacker activity).
After this it allowed me to login as manager. The receive rate was 2Mbps the Tx rate 352K.

I rebooted the WAN2 AR440S router, it was them going up and down, but max connection rate 2Mb.
I plugged into the AR440S used as a Terminal server, this also spewed out Info (1045274): This device is locked temporarily (login lock).
Found that line 020 8741 0055 had no dial time. Connection to ADSL must have been crosstalk.

By 17:00 WAN1 was doing 1900 packets every 10 seconds.
Ping times to www.bbc.co.uk were generally single digit.

No comments: